When we start putting a marketing plan together we want to do all the things – blogs, email, webinars, videos, customer success stories, and the list goes on.
But sometimes we can’t do all the things. We don’t have the bandwidth, resources, expertise, or budget. It also depends on your goals and objectives. Which ones fit into your marketing plan?
You have to narrow down the list – focus on one or two things. What should those two things be?
Based on the marketing trends for 2021 – you can read about those in this blog.
These are the trends:
- Virtual events
So, which ones should you focus on? Which ones are more affordable to reach your goals? Let’s break them down.
We know there has been a huge push for these in our industry and they may be here to stay. But some of them also come with a hefty price tag. Some start at $5,000 and go up from there.
- Is it affordable? Do you have the budget?
- What is the ROI?
- What is the goal for this event?
- Will I get enough leads to justify the cost?
- Also, as in person events start popping up again which ones would you rather do?
If you don’t have the bandwidth to do any of the others listed above maybe this is for you. There is some planning but it is totally doable. Not a big learning curve and it could help you achieve your goals and objectives.
Chatbots can cost from $0 to $1,000/month or higher, depending on all the things you program them to do. It all depends on your needs and it can be more time-consuming since someone needs to monitor it at least for work hours.
- Is my website a lead generation engine?
- Do I get a lot of questions that could be answered with a chatbot?
- Do I have the bandwidth to handle it?
Chatbots can be of huge value if done right, if you have the website visitors to account for it, and if you can dedicate the time. Here is a great article from MobileMonkey that dives into all of this information.
This one is probably at the top of the list of marketing trends for 2021. After all, who doesn’t watch a video when scrolling through social media, reading an email, or a blog. They are everywhere.
Video can be cheap and expensive based on the type of videos and the platform you use and whether you create them in-house or outsource.
What types of videos could you create?
- Animated gifs – these are great for showing quick snippets of features, how to’s, or just bring an image to life. You can use them in blogs, emails, social media and more.
They are also affordable. You can create some of them in Canva. They have a free and paid version. And they can really step up your game with your marketing initiatives.
- Cartoon videos – these are great to show how you can help your prospect or client. How to videos to walk through a process. New products or new feature videos. The list is endless and the tools are endless.
Powtoon is also affordable and great for cartoon-type videos and they have a ton of templates so it can be easy as plug n play. They have a free plan as well and pricing starts at $19/mth based on your needs.
- Demo videos and tutorials – you can add these to your product pages on your website or provide tutorials and training for existing customers.
Camtasia is also affordable and great for features and benefits and demos or tutorials and it also can do animated gifs. You can get one license for $249.99.
There are learning curves with all of these tools and more as you go down the list. You will need to dedicate some time to learning the platforms so you can utilize all of the features and functionality and make it worth the money you spent.
I am saving the best for last. Working with other ISVs and others in the industry can provide great value.
Doing joint marketing initiatives such as webinars and blogs can help you reach a bigger audience, create some of the trends above, and do it in an affordable way.
Being a member of The ISV Society gets you:
- 4 joint webinars a year and all the content to promote them
- 4 joint blogs to promote the webinar recordings
- 4 other marketing initiatives (joint or not) and can include videos, emails, blogs, and more.
- Monthly Mastermind Meetings
- Access to an online collaboration tool
I wanted to put something together to help ISVs work together and generate leads which is of high priority for us all.
There really is nothing like this in the ISV space. An exclusive community just for you is what we all need to be successful. You can get all of this for $4,000/year or $400/month. Don’t have the budget now? Include it in your 2023 budget.
If you are ready to get started or learn more, reach out and let me know. (email@example.com) We have 7 ISVs so far and the list will continue to grow.