You’re one of the hundreds of ISVs in this space. You’re competing against all of them, plus partners, and customers.
How do you get their attention? How do you get them to notice you? How do you stand out from the ISVs in this space?
It all comes down to these 3 things.
Do the research. See what other ISVs are doing in this space. Analyze your data on what has worked well in the past and what hasn’t.
Get the team together for a brainstorming session and write down all the ways you can stand out in the crowd. Survey partners and customers and get their feedback.
It all comes down to putting a plan in place and executing that plan. This part will take time since you have to compile data, put that data to work in your strategy, and then execute that strategy.
It may be the most time-consuming part but once you’ve done it just think of how much valuable content and insight you’ll have.
Once you have that strategy and plan in place, now it’s time to execute. Creating a timeline and sticking to it. Creating consistent content and a wide range of content is key.
What types of content? How about:
- Social media posts and polls
- Podcast episodes
It’s good to have a variety and then figure out how often of each. There’s no concrete number of many initiatives and which ones you should do each month. Figure out what works for you and your team that will be successful and most of all consistent. Also, once you get in a regular cadence you can then analyze the data. What content is doing well, what content are you getting the most success from, and what content does your audience want and like.
Then the rest of my time is helping the members of The ISV Society with their initiatives especially the ones we do together such as podcast episodes, webcasts, monthly chats, blogs, and more.
It’s so important to work with others in this space and do joint initiatives.
- Collaboration helps grow your network – consistently make connections and form alliances.
- Collaboration is educational – sharing best practices, tips n tricks, and meet once a month stirs up those creative juices and you get to hear great ideas from others in the group.
- Collaboration can save you time and money – working together, sharing the workload, and launching co-marketing initiatives means a smaller investment of your time and money.
- Collaboration in action is a win-win for all – we all have the same goals; generating leads, building our brand, getting our name out there, making an impact but we can’t do that alone. The power of collaboration will help us do that.
I started The ISV Society because I want to help ISVs stand out in the crowd by doing joint marketing initiatives.
We come up with creative ways to work together. We’re helping each other through joint webcasts and blogs, being panelists at events, and engaging on social media.
It’s the power of the community and the power of working together that gives you another way to stand out in the crowd.
Collaborating with other companies can be a valuable marketing tool. It’s a short-cut to reaching a larger audience and gaining more customers, plus you may learn something and gain more credibility at the same time. Collaboration is all about building relationships.
So, take your time doing these 3 things and soon enough you’ll be standing out in the crowd.